HVPD PDS INSIGHT
- Incorporates three OLPD sensors: TEV, HFCT & AA.
- Detects electromagnetic radiation from PD in metal-clad plant (TEV), current impulses from PD in cables and accessories (HFCT), and ultrasonic radiation from PD into air from airinsulated switchgear (AIS) and other plant (AA).
- Combines PD Level, PD Pulse Count and Cumulative PD Activity measurements across the 50/60Hz cycle.
- Supplied with a Smart Docking Station for charging, data download and function checking of the unit.
- Onboard data storage for quick testing and Bluetooth® communication to the Android™ Tablet PC for post-test data analysis, benchmarking and trending.
- All measurements can be downloaded into a CSV file to enable report writing and analysis.
- The peak graph recorded with the HVPD PDS Insight™ can be displayed and recalled on the tablet.
- Supplied with BOSE® QuietComfort® Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones.
- Supports the use of multiple languages.
Easy-to-use, lightweight and portable.
The OLPD Manager™ app on the 10.1” Android™ Tablet PC makes it easy to setup a test record and to carry out repeat testing and monitoring.
Ensures the safe and reliable operation of HV networks, providing an early warning against incipient faults.
The unit’s barcode scanner retrieves sensor location ID from the Point of Attachment (POA) labels automatically.
Optional accessories include the Outdoor Parabolic Receiver (for detecting corona and surface discharges in outdoor HV switchyards) and the Indoor Acoustic Search Probe (to extend the reach of the unit to detect airborne acoustic activity
along the seams/ gaps in MV switchgear.
Asset operators and managers with multiple sites and multiple HVPD PDS Insight™ units can now back up and share data across all tablets to provide an asset management global view.
All data between the PDS Insight™ handheld and the Android™ tablet is synchronised via Bluetooth®.
- Reviews (0)
The World’s First On-line Partial Discharge Handheld Test Unit with an Asset Management Application – the OLPD Manager™ app
The PDS Insight™, the world’s first handheld On-line Partial Discharge (OLPD) test unit with a dedicated asset management tablet application – the OLPD Manager™ app. This unique, world-leading handheld test technology combines HVPD’s knowledge from over 20 years of OLPD test technology development with the flexibility and functionality of the Android™ operating system and a 10.1″ Tablet PC.
The PDS Insight™ measures PD Levels, PD Pulse Count and Cumulative PD Activity across the 50/60Hz power cycle to enable the severity of any partial discharge activity to be assessed. By combining three types of PD sensor (TEV, HFCT and AA), the unit is suitable for the OLPD testing of most types of in-service medium voltage (MV) cables and plant and OLPD surveying of outdoor high voltage (HV) switchyards. Suitable for OLPD testing of power cables, switchgear and transformers, the handheld unit stores all measurement data on its hard disk that is then synchronised via Bluetooth® to the OLPD Manager™ app for analysis, benchmarking and trending.